You have a limited time to market your product but don’t forget about the needs of the show attendee. Use the following ideas to further engage with attendees and help get your exhibit noticed at your next show.
1. Drinks & Rest Area: Offering drink and a seat to a tired thirsty attendee is great way to further engage with them. I’ve found that asking an attendee what would you like to drink and then drifting over to a bar stool to rest works better than asking if they like to something to drink or would you like to sit down.
2. Carpet Padding: There’s no better way to make your exhibit comfortable to show attendees than having cushy carpet padding. At most shows the aisles are carpeted but not padded so an attendees will notice the difference. Most shows will include a carpet padding option along with thicker padding upgrades.
3. Add glitter to your carpet: Adding glitter to your carpet will make it sparkle from the reflection of the exhibition hall lights. Its suddle enough to make your exhibit stand out from a sea of competition screaming for attention.
4. Music: Add some music to your exhibit. Background music can add a sense of excitement or relaxation to your exhibit. You can use a iPod (Nano or Shuffle) or a laptop computer to hold the music. If using a laptop and your convention hall has Internet service, you can also use Pandora to play your music. Create an iTunes playlist on your device to organize and select the music. If using an exhibitor appointed contractor to set up your booth, have them provide the right size speakers and mount them in the best location in the booth.
5. iPad Raffle. Raffling off an iPad is sure to way to draw attention at your next trade show. Place the iPad at your exhibit’s reception counter, swipe the attendees card and place the printed copy in a fish bowl. (If its OK with the attendee, ask them if you can add them to you e-newsletter.)
Dimension Craft Inc. is a full service trade show exhibit company located in Chicago. We can be reached at 773-925-6500, email@example.com.
You are a busy marketing manager with a trade show coming up. You have reserved a booth space, but that is all you have done for the show. You have no exhibit, no clear budget and absolutely no TIME to waste. But you need to make some intelligent decisions because that is who you are and how you do things. It is also how you avoid trouble, so let me give you a head start.
Just about every trade show is managed by a company that will offer you some simple exhibit solutions to rent from. Most often, these are adequate at best, when it comes to displaying your product, but not very sophisticated.
They will typically be created from an aluminum extrusion system which looks just like the one used for the publication bins and registration booths at the front of the hall. As a marketing person with a fair degree of taste, you are not impressed with anything you see. However, in your rushed situation, you should know that they are a safe choice for the following reasons:
- They are cheaper than anything you can rent from independent sources
- Your rental will most likely include drayage
- Your rental may even include installation and dismantle costs
- The amount of phone calls and preparation time on your part will be minimized.
Some good arguments to go ahead with this direction! So why call a more a custom company like Dimension Craft? Answer: If you have put your time, creativity and reputation towards developing a marketing plan for your company that has reaped a growing market share and name recognition, it means you will want to put that same face on your company at your trade shows, as well. In fact, not to do this could mean embarrassment and failure at an event which is where you meet your public and buyers face to face, in the flesh.
While you may have a hard time convincing your management to spend any more money on a booth than they have to, you cannot deny that your products and services are worth highlighting in the very best way possible. A company like Dimension Craft will put together a rental solution that is very specific to your needs, unlike the show rental which is intended to be very generic. We will:
- Customize your exhibit to highlight your product
- Dovetail with your corporate look and colors
- Provide specialized structures that fit with your needs specifically
- Help you keep consistent from show to show, even as you grow
A company like Dimension Craft can also do what I mentioned in the first bullet points: we can become your partner in trade show marketing such that you need only make a couple of phone calls to your account executive and the rest will be taken care of. Therein lies the huge benefit of the custom-rental approach to trade show marketing. Perhaps a bit more work up front to establish this relationship, but highly beneficial in the not-so-long run!